1. Review the rehearsal schedule! Dancers must be able to commit to the entire rehearsal time. Make sure to list all conflicts (including possible ones) on your audition form. Performers who miss undeclared rehearsals may be required to set up private lessons ($30 per 30 minutes) to learn choreography or work on spacing and timing with the other members of their dances, or in extreme cases be removed from the production.
*** Please work other activities around rehearsals. Absences will only be allowed for illness (must watch rehearsal via Zoom to keep up with choreography and take technique notes) or a REQUIRED school event. If the school event gets scheduled after you audition, please talk to your school regarding alternate options available to you so you can fulfill your commitment to both school and the production.
2. Print and fill out contract and audition form. By signing the contract, you agree to all of the terms listed in the contract.
3. An exact audition schedule will be released about 1 week prior to auditions, based on the number of dancers trying out at each level. 4. Turn your completed contract and $75 casting fee in to the studio as soon as possible. Fees will be returned to any dancer who does not receive a role, otherwise, fees are non-refundable.
Please note: if your dancer breaks the contract before roles are announced and cannot be cast, your fees are non-refundable.
5. An exact rehearsal schedule will be posted on the rehearsal page within three weeks of the audition.
1. At least one year (September through May) of ballet classes, including participation in at least one recital.
2. 6 years of age or older by September 1. Younger dancers may attend by invitation only.
3. Attendance at the audition (video auditions accepted for intermediate and advanced dancers who are unable to make it to the in studio audition).
4. Signed contract, completed audition form, and casting fee of $75.
5. Registration and participation in at least one ballet class for the dance season (2 technique classes plus pointe for roles on pointe).
Pas de Deux Dance Studio students are required to register for classes at Pas de Deux Dance Studio and follow their recommended class sequence for the entire upcoming dance season (winter tuition payment and spring recital fee are due prior to the performance). If your dancer is unable to commit to the full dance year at Pas de Deux, inform Miss Zachari prior to your audition. Accommodations may be made for extenuating circumstances if known in advance.
Dancers coming from other studios may continue lessons at their current studio or join the Pas de Deux family. Dancers continuing at their current studio must provide full class and contact information to Pas de Deux Dance Studio.
Requirements: Other Dancers and Non Dancers
1. Have previous dance or acting experience. For "The Enchanted Forest", this can be Irish ceili or step dancing. For "The Nutcracker" and "Sleeping Beauty", this can be any type of dance. For non-dancers, any acting background is acceptable. Non-dancers may still have some basic dancing in their role.
2. 13 years of age or older and ability to look like an adult on stage. (A few younger dancers may be accepted depending on the roles available.)
3. Attendance at the audition (or video audition for those who are unable to attend the in studio audition).
4. Signed contract, completed audition form, and casting fee of $75 at the audition.