2015 Youth Dancers: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Auditioning for a professional ballet is a wonderful opportunity! While dancers who audition are not guaranteed roles, it is a valuable experience for everyone. If you would like to audition, please note the following details:
* At least one year of ballet experience
* Ages 7 - 16
* 5'2" and under
[The ages and heights are general guidelines. If you fall outside those ranges, come to the audition, but be aware that you may be cut for being outside those parameters.]
* Can commit to ALL rehearsals (see schedule below)
* $50 casting fee if selected for a role. Please make checks payable to Pas de Deux Dance Studio and bring them to the audition. Each dancer will know if they have received a role by the time the audition is complete.
* All Pas de Deux students must have their accounts paid in full before auditioning.
* Please review the costume information at www.nutcracker.com/youth-auditions/faq-for-students. All dancers are required to provide their own tights, shoes and leotards for under costumes.
[Most female dancers need pink tights and shoes and skin-colored leotards. Male dancers and girls playing boys need white tights and shoes. Mice need black tights, shoes and leotards.]
How to Audition
* Go to www.nutcracker.com/youth-auditions/sign-up-to-audition
* Find "Minneapolis, MN" (alphabetical order by state)
* Click the "Sign Up to Audition" Button next to Pas de Deux Dance Studio
* Fill out and submit the form
* Print out a copy of the form and bring it to the audition
* Attend the audition: To be announced
* Dancers should be dropped off for the audition due to limited parking. Rehearsals will begin immediately following the audition for some dancers. Dancers should bring a cell phone if possible to let parents know when they are ready to be picked up. The latest we will go is 8:30 pm.
* Wear a black leotard and pink tights to the audition with hair pulled back in a ballet bun
* Bring your ballet shoes (and pointe shoes if applicable) to the audition.
* Dancers will know their roles by the end of the audition. Dancers who do not have immediate rehearsals will come back on Tuesday to learn their role.
Rehearsal Schedule is subject to change based on which roles are cast to make the best use of everyone's time.
Monday, 8/31: end of audition - 8 pm (Snowflakes, Party Children, Variations)
Tuesday, 9/1: 4:30 - 8 pm (Mice, Snow Maidens, Snow Sprites, Variations)
* Exact times will be given to dancers for these dates once they are cast and we know which roles have been filled. Some Variation Dancers may have earlier rehearsals if they are available to be at the studio.
Tuesdays, 9/29 - 12/1 (not 11/24):
- Snowflakes 7:00 - 7:30 pm
Thursdays, 10/1 - 12/3 (not 11/26):
- Party Children 7:00 - 7:30 pm
- Mice 7:30 - 8:00 pm
* Variation rehearsals for September and October will be scheduled after casting is complete.
Sundays, 11/1 - 11/29:
- Mice 12:30 - 1:15 pm
- Party 1:15 - 2:15 pm
- Snowflakes 2:15 - 2:45 pm
- Variations 2:45 - 3:45 pm
- ALL Dancers 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Saturday, December 5
* Arrive at the theater: TBD am (earliest time is 7 am)
* Performance time: 7 pm
* Go to www.nutcracker.com/youth-auditions/faq-for-students and open the documents on that page for important details on:
- rules for dress rehearsal and the performance
- costume details (shoe, tight and leotard colors, makeup and hair info)
- information on the performance day procedure
* Performance day includes costume fittings, a photo shoot, an onstage dress rehearsal of the children's roles with the professional cast, and the performance itself.